Brand new e-safety enhancements
We know that one of the main reasons customers love DB Primary is due to its success at providing a secure environment for pupil learning.
In our continued effort to make sure DB Primary’s anti-bullying and e-safety features are second-to-none, we have optimised some of the platform’s profanity filtering and reporting features. Platform security features include:
- Profanity Filter (improved) - blocks inappropriate words automatically and records the attempted usage
- Profanity Report (new) - alerts teachers to potentially offensive content that requires approval before going live
- Whistle Monitor - allows pupils to alert teachers to offensive behaviour
- Pupil Activity Logs - provides a detailed overview of platform activity
- Moderations Setting - requires teacher approval before pupil contributions go live (moderated features include; blogs, forums, community contributions and adding files to the gallery)
All new staff accounts will now be prompted to change their password the first time they log in. This ensures that all staff accounts have their own unique login details.
Overview of pupil activity for parents
We’ve made it easier for parents to keep a closer eye on their child’s use of DB Primary. Parental accounts now have quick access to an overview of their child’s platform activity log.
Manage your noticeboard
The noticeboard is a great way of sharing information quickly amongst staff and now it has become even easier to manage. Notices can now be marked as ‘read’, which will quickly clear them from the feed. The author of the post can also select ‘unpublish’, ensuring that teachers have full access in deciding what is displayed.
Full details of these latest enhancements can be found in our online help guide. To access this using the standard teacher theme, please login to your school portal and select ‘Online Help’, found at the bottom of every page. For more information on accessing the help guide click here.
If you need any help or further information please give our Customer Support Team a call on 01273 201701 or email email@example.com.
Read more »